Sunday 23 September 2007

Drum Castle again

After a mate saw the photos, and the weather forecast was better than expected, I had no problems taking another run out to Drum Castle on Sunday. Being NTS, I get in free.

I think I got some more dramatic shots than yesterday. I was on the tower roof when some snipers clambered up, and started taking potshots at folk below.
Fraser's Dragoones

Fraser's Dragoones

Fraser's Dragoones

Fraser's Dragoones

Fraser's Dragoones

And some College students were there with their film gear. They were well-behaved, and the re-enactors looked like they were helping them out. The same unit had been involved with filming scenes for the new Culloden visitors' centre. One hand-held unit even joined in a charge. I'll need to track down the edited product.
film students

film students

film students

2 comments:

Catherine970 said...

Great shots, what camera do you use?

Duncan said...

Thanks, Catherine.

I picked up a Canon EOS 350D off the Canon reconditioned site from eBay. Used the money saved to buy a Tamron 50-200mm lens (with free UV filter and lens hood). I'm mainly using that combo these days instead of the standard 18-55mm lens the camera came with.

Allows close in shots, but means that sometimes I have to step backwards to get the right composition.